Saturday, December 17, 2011

Egg Nog French Toast



I was watching TV the other night and had an idea to make egg nog french toast. I thought it was ingenious and that I would receive all kinds of praise for coming up with such a great idea. After a quick Google search, I realized that I most definitely did not come up with the idea. I did think about it all on my own though and am I patting myself on the back for doing so.

This takes french toast to a new level. It adds a richness that is really tasty. It's a perfect breakfast for over the holidays. I don't really like egg nog, but I loved this and will definitely make it again before egg nog is no longer available.


Egg Nog French Toast

1 Cup Egg Nog
1 Egg
1 Tbsp Vanilla
1 Tsp Cinnamon
1 tsp Nutmeg
Salt and Pepper

Whisk all the ingredients together in a bowl. Soak whatever bread you choose in the batter for about 10 seconds until the bread has absorbed a lot of the mixture.

Fry in a pan with butter or oil, on medium-high heat, for about 3 to 4 minutes on each side until golden. The perfect french toast will have a bit of a crust on the outside and be soft on the inside.

TIPS:
Buy a good loaf of bread. It makes all the difference in the world. I suggest the mini loaves at Cobs Bread (in Calgary). I like buying a loaf that hasn't been sliced, so that I can cut the bread to the thickness that I like, about a half inch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...