There isn't much to say about these things. Make a batch and they'll be gone in a day. Don't be surprised if you find yourself sneaking out of bed for a late night snack. Don't feel bad it either. They really are THAT good.
This recipe comes from my good friends and London landlords, Brandon and Nicole. I've first had these squares at their wedding rehearsal party. I literally almost ate the entire tray.
- 4 Mars Bars (cut up into chunks)
- 1/2 Cup of butter
- 4 Cups Rice Krispies
- 1/2 Cup White Chocolate Chips for drizzling on top(optional)
- Melt the Mars bars and the butter on VERY low heat, stirring as they melt. It is really important that you do this around 3 or 4. If you do it too hot, the butter and the Mars bars won't combine properly and you'll have to throw it away and start over. I've made this mistake several times.
- Once they have melted and are smooth, remove from heat and stir in the Rice Krispies. Pour into a greased 9x9 pan and allow to cool.
- OPTIONAL: Using the double boiler method (place a heat proof glass bowl on a simmering pot of boiling water) melt the white chocolate chips. Stir them until they are smooth and with a spoon, drizzle the melted white chocolate on top of the mixture in the pan. You could use any chocolate chips, but I like using white chocolate because of the contrast of colour to the squares.
- Once everything has cooled, remove from the pan and cut them into any size you would like.