Sunday, December 2, 2012

Lucy's Sugar Topped Molasses Cookies


Most people grow up idolizing a band that they may never get to see perform live, let alone meet them in person. My favourite band of all time is The Barra MacNeils. Not only have I been lucky enough to see the Barra's live too many times to count, I also got to know them as friends too, and they are lovely people.

They are currently in the midst of a national Christmas tour that takes them right across Canada. Check their website for dates.

Lucy, the lone girl in the family, recently posted a video of her baking cookies with her daughters. I thought I'd give the cookies a try, as I am always on the lookout for new cookie recipes.

For the Cape Breton music fans out there, I previously did a post on Natalie Mac Master's mothers Oatcakes. All I need now is a recipe from someone in the Rankins and I'll be all set!

These are a soft, chewy, tasty cookie. Try them out. You won't be disappointed.


Lucy MacNeil's Sugar Topped Molasses Cookies

3/4 cup shortening
1 cup white sugar
1 egg
4 tbsp molasses
2 cup flour
1 tsp salt
2 tsp basking powder
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp cloves
tsp ginger

Cream the shortening and sugar together until fluffy then add the egg.

In a separate bowl, mix together the dry ingredients and then add in batches  the the mixer bowl until incorporated.

Roll in small balls and dip half the ball into white sugar.



Place on a baking sheet and bake for about 10 - 12 minutes at 350.


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...