This is the undisputed king of the loaves. You can buy this at pretty much every coffee shop, corner store, gas station, cafeteria, etc... The list goes on and on. Here's another recipe that comes from my mom's kitchen.
1/2 cup oil (preferably vegetable, if not canola)
1 cup white sugar
1 tbsp vanilla
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
3 tbsp milk
- Beat oil and sugar together
- Add eggs, one at a time
- Add vanilla
- Add bananas and beat until they are pretty well mashed and totally incorporated
- Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a separate dry bowl. Add in 2 batches into the wet ingredients
- Add the milk at the end
- Pour into a very well greased loaf pan. Use butter, and a lot of it, to grease the pan. If you just use cooking spray, the loaf will most likely stick to the pan and maybe even burn a bit.
- Bake at 350 for 60 mins. Remember that every oven is different and it might take longer. Check with a cake tester or knife. The loaf is done when the tester/knife comes of out dry.
- Let cool on a rack for a little bit before cutting.
Go nuts! Feel free to add 1/2 cup of walnuts, pecans, or any of nut for that matter. Roughly chop them up bit first.
Sweet tooth? Add a 1/2 cup of chocolate chips. Butterscotch chips work really well with this recipe too.