Sunday, February 6, 2011

Restaurant Review - Bumpy's Cafe

My friend Amy raved about Bumpy's Cafe to me years ago and how good the baked goods were. So I go to Bumpy's and ordered a soup and sandwich. Makes no sense, but it wouldn't be the first time that I would be accused of doing something that doesn't make sense. I was there at about 2:00 pm on a Saturday afternoon. Bumpy's is everything a little cafe should be. Nice atmosphere, artsy looking people working there, small and quaint, etc...

I asked the guy working there what panini he suggested and we decided upon the Rueben. It was pretty good. I ordered the half panini combo, which came with a cup of soup, and a choice of coleslaw or potato chips. I picked the carrot ginger soup (I'll soon be posting a stellar reciped for roasted carrot ginger soup). The soup was good but might have had a pinch too much ginger in it for my liking. I went with the coleslaw instead of the chips, because it looked appetizing, and it was.

This photo was taken with my phone


Bumpy's was voted best espresso in Calgary, and from sitting down watching people come and go as I ate the meal, it really is about the coffee, so I'm thinking I have to go back for a coffee and a muffin next time. With a bottle of lemonade, the total cost for lunch was $10.75.


Been to Bumpys? Add a comment and tell me what you thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...