There isn't much to say about these things. Make a batch and they'll be gone in a day. Don't be surprised if you find yourself sneaking out of bed for a late night snack. Don't feel bad about it either. They really are THAT good.
This recipe comes from my good friends and London landlords, Brandon and Nicole. I first had these squares at their wedding rehearsal party. I literally almost ate the entire tray.
- 4 Mars Bars (cut up into chunks)
- 1/2 Cup of butter
- 4 Cups Rice Krispies
- 1/2 Cup White Chocolate Chips for drizzling on top (optional)
- Melt the Mars bars and the butter on VERY low heat, stirring as they melt. It is really important that you do this around 3 or 4. If you do it too hot, the butter and the Mars bars won't combine properly and you'll have to throw it away and start over. I've made this mistake several times.
- Once they have melted and are smooth, remove from heat and stir in the Rice Krispies. Pour into a greased 9x9 pan and allow to cool.
- OPTIONAL: Using the double boiler method (place a heat proof glass bowl on a simmering pot of boiling water) melt the white chocolate chips. Stir them until they are smooth and with a spoon, drizzle the melted white chocolate on top of the mixture in the pan. You could use any chocolate chips, but I like using white chocolate because of the contrast of colour to the squares.
- Once everything has cooled, remove from the pan and cut them into any size you would like.