Saturday, December 29, 2012

Italian Sushi







It doesn't happen very often, but every now and again I'll catch lightening in a bottle. This time my brilliant idea was Italian Sushi. I swear on my guitar collection that I came up with this idea all on my own. Having done some research on it since, I can assure you that I definitely wasn't the first to do it, but I'm sticking to my guns that I came up with the idea.

This is a great appetizer/hors d'oeuvres/amuse bouche etc...Your guests will be blown away when you make it for them.

On some parchment or waxed paper, spread out some Prosciutto so that it over laps each other by about 1/2 inch.

Liberally spread some leftover risotto on the prosciutto so that it covers evenly.


Add a good amount of fresh basil on top of the risotto


Add any kind of cheese you like (a soft, cheese works best, but any cheese cut into strips will work) and some tomatoes cut into strips as well. 

At this point, season with salt and pepper. You can also add a dash of olive oil or even truffle oil.


 
Tightly roll the prosciutto into a log and cut into even pieces using a very sharp knife. Serve it with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.











No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...