Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Crave Cupcake "The Princess" Vanilla Ice Cream Cake



When I first moved to Calgary from Nova Scotia, a friend of mine introduced me to Crave Cupcakes. Once I learned how to make ice cream cakes, every year for her birthday, I make her one out of her favourite cupcake as a thank-you.

For anyone who is interested, here is how I did it. I bought a 3 big cupcakes. I scraped the icing off the top reserving it for later, and then froze the cake part. Then I made the vanilla ice cream. I added a few drops of red food colouring before churning it to add a pink hue to the cake. When the ice cream was just about done, I cut the frozen cakes into small cubes and added it to the ice cream. Then I made the cake. I iced it with the pink buttercream icing that I saved and garnished the finished product with a mini cupcake.






The birthday girl with her cake.




1 comment:

  1. Lovely Adam
    btw my birthday is September 15 and I like blue food very much
    love you, K

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...