My hope is that if you are a tourist reading this, that this might help while visiting Cape Breton. If you are a local reading is, I hope that the list might inspire you to do something you've never tried, or at if nothing else, say "Cape Breton really is awesome," after reading it.
|#11. Go down the pit at the Miners Museum|
5. Spend a day at the Fortress of Louisbourg. It's really something special that Cape Breton can lay claim to.
6. Go Fishing. Cape Breton has some of the best salmon fishing in the Canada. Any fisherman will tell you that there is no better feeling than hooking a salmon in the Margaree River.
9. Check out the Big Fiddle in Sydney. It's the biggest in the world.
10. Eat fricot in Cheticamp. Cape Breton has a big Acadian population and Cheticamp would be the capital of it. You can try many Acadian dishes in restaurants in Cheticamp. While you are there, stop in the Doryman for some drinks and fiddle music.
11. Golf. Cape Breton has some of the best golf courses in the country. Highland Links in Ingonish, Bell Bay in Baddeck and The Lakes in Ben Eion are just a few of our gems.